Spotlight on eCommerce
Ecommerce marketing is the process of using media channels and promotional tactics to drive traffic to your online store, converting that traffic into paying customers, and retaining those customers’ post-purchase. The consultants at Your Revenue Growth Team have much experience helping eCommerce firms grow.
- While the term ecommerce is commonly used to refer to online shopping of products and services, it really includes monetary or data transactions through the internet across a variety of business models such as online shopping stores, online auctions, wholesalers, subscription-based businesses, sales of digital products (such as e-books, software, video courses, audio, etc.), and more.
Besides our general 6-step growth approach for B2C/ecommerce models, we do pay extra attention to:
Metrics that matter, such as:
- Sales Conversion Rate. The percentage of visitors who make a purchase. Considering an average Conversion rate is 2%; we have much work to do to exceed industry averages, and we dedicate ourselves to do so.
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV). Knowing your customer lifetime value tells you how much you can spend to acquire a customer and how far you should go to retain them.
- Shopping Cart Abandonment. Encouraging this audience to become buyers is also a key to revenue generation. Emails, retargeting, pop-up offers, etc. all need to be considered to segue maybes to customers. We’ll have a game plan for you.
- Average Order Value. Of course, you want customers to spend as much as possible. This is where special offers, cross-sells, and up-sells come into play, with much testing to do. We’ll put together game plans for your eCommerce firm to increase the revenue driven from buyers.
Conversion Rate Optimization Tactics:
- Email/funnel cadence strategy- message, offers, audience segmenting.
- Trust badges and social proof- deployed and visible?
- Personalization opportunities
- Customer loyalty campaigns
- Cross-sell/up-sell strategy
- Shopping cart bottlenecks
- Shipping and return policies
- Product page optimization
Customer Acquisition Tactics
- Paid search
- Search engine optimization
- Amazon and shopping engines
- Direct response and remnant media campaigns (TV , Radio, Streaming)
- Content marketing and social media channels
- Email deployment strategy
- YouTube and video
- Influencer marketing
Ecommerce marketing takes a lot of testing to optimize performance and growth. Product campaigns; media campaigns; offer strategies; creative strategies. The data needs to speak for itself, but you need to be committed to testing and refining. We’ll help; for sure.
Get some strategic insights on how slight improvements to your marketing and sales conversion rates, B2B, Saas, or eCommerce, can grow your business substantially.
Download our unique KPI ROI Calculators and set the stage for revenue growth.